The Apple Team is, of course, renown for their innovations that set the standard in the technology marketplace. They are also committed to tweaking their products to make them more valuable to their customers. Here’s a highlight of some of the new features, fixes & updates they have recently introduced. These products are all available in the iTunes Store.
- iTunes 10.6.1 available in Software Update, fixing glitches in the music and library app, including crashing issues, VoiceOver problems, and iTunes freeze-up while syncing with iPod shuffle or nano.
- Features in iBooks 2.1 – adds new features for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Ability to highlight text by touching and dragging finger across desired text. You control color, and can even enter a note, plus search for the text elsewhere using a convenient popup dialog box.
- One of the biggest items of news for streaming services lovers is that movies are now available on iCloud. In the past, you could only rent movies to view on Apple TV. Now, you can access your purchased content via iCloud and view it on all your iOS devices at any time, including 2nd generation and later Apple TV.
- Alert tones & ringtones for devices are now available through the Tone Store, to assign to special people who call you the most.
- A new partnership between Netflix and Apple allows consumers to now order and pay for their Netflix subscription directly through their iTunes account. However, Netflix and YouTube are currently the only services currently available through Apple TV.